4. How do I insert clipart,
pictures, and animations?
Insert a Background
Now that you have a background, we are going to add clipart, pictures, and animations. Follow these steps to add gifs, animated gifs, and jpegs:
- Open your "practice" web page in Word 2000.Place the cursor where you would like the image to appear.
- Click on "Insert", then "Picture", then "From File". (Note: If you click on "Clip Art" instead of "From File", you will be taken to the Microsoft Clip Art Gallery.)
- You can now browse to find the image. If you saved in your "Stuff" folder, go there, select the image, click on the "Insert" button.
- You can change the size of the image by following these steps:
- Click on the image. A box will appear around the image.
- Move the cursor to one corner of the box and it will turn into an arrow with two points.
- Click the left-mouse button and drag the box to make the picture larger or smaller.
- Click on a blank area of the screen when the image is the size that you want it to be. The box will then disappear.
- Before you get too carried away with images, go to the next question and read about image copyright.